Monday 7 March 2011

Assignment 206 Statement of Intent - Nature

Intentions/purpose of the photography to be undertaken


I am planning my second theme to be Nature.  I have just bought a macro lens and I am looking forward to using it to shoot some insects and I have already been practising shooting flowers and plants.  I am not sure yet weather my whole assignment will be close up photography or a mixture of images all based around the theme nature.  I will update this statement of intent when my thoughts and ideas start to develop as I am only just getting to grips with using a macro lens and need some practise.

Reasons for selection of Theme

The reason I am choosing Nature is that spring and summer is nearly here and there will be so many opportunities to capture.  Also, I did nature as my theme in level one and i really enjoyed it.

Photo Imaging Equipment and media that will be used and why

I will be using my Nikon D90 Camera with 18-105mm lens which will allow me some zoom when trying to capture some aspects of Nature and my Nikon Nikkor Macro lens for close up nature photography.  I would like to invest in a telephoto lens which will allow me to capture shots from a distance which can be useful when shooting birds and other wildlife.  I will also be using a lens hood which is useful to stop the light striking the front of the element.  I will be using photoshop to crop any images and I am not sure how much of the techniques in photoshop can be used so I need to speak to Mr Steve.

Techniques that will be used and how they will convey the visual message

I am looking into getting a polarising filter which can be very useful when shooting nature.  A polarising filter can deepen the colour of the sky but a far more useful application is to reduce reflections from shiny foliage which leads to more saturated colour.  I will be using my tripod especially when using my macro lens to eliminate camera shake and I need to get a remote control so I do not have to touch the shutter release.
How Light quality can be used to help convey the visual message

As this is nature I will be using the sun as a light source in these images.  I need to research more about light and how this can be used to create good nature shots. 
Safety Considerations

I will be sure that all safety considerations are applied when out and about shooting nature images.

No comments:

Post a Comment