Tuesday 26 April 2011

People, Portraits and Reportage

At the weekend we went to Buxton for the day and I took my Nikon D90 and used my 24-105mm lens to take some shots whilst walking around.  I did not use my Macro Nikkor 105mm lens I did not have my tripod and was not looking to shoot any close up shots.  It was a very bright and sunny day and the camera controls had to be changed constantly while walking from shady to bright areas. 

We also visited some caves which I altered the ISO and then forgot to alter it back again once outside, so some of the shots were shot on the complete wrong ISO but came out really nice.  I did not take my tripod but I did not need it as the bright sunshine ensured that a really fast shutter was needed.  I charged my battery fully and had a spare memory card.

I have converted the images to black and white in post production and added sepia tones to some of the images.  I have also used the history brush to colour parts of black and white images like the Telephone Box, Rugby shirt and No Entry sign.


1/400 F7.1

  
1/60 F 5.6  ISO 400

 
1/640 F9 ISO 400


1/200 F6.3 ISO 400

1/125 F7.1 ISO 200
1/160 F7.1 ISO 800

1/200 F9 ISO 400





Safety Considerations

Whilst walking around Buxton I considered all safety aspects and ensured that I was careful around roads using pedestrian crossing where they were available.  I also ensured that every care was taken whilst shooting near water so no accidents occured to me or my children as they often played near the water.  I was careful whilst walking around the park and ensured that I respected the plants, trees and flowers making sure that I did not damage anything.  It was a really hot day and we all had drinks and refreshments to ensure that we stayed hydrated in the hot sunshine.  Suncream was applied to eliminate the risk of sunburn.

3 comments:

  1. Hi
    Good to see you got a range of images, really strong image of the two boys in the phone box, maybe there are more, would be great to see if there are on thursday. The tube and rugby shirt from an unusual viewpoint, etc.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi i do like the 2 shots in what seems like black and white but with the red on the jumper and street sign really catching my eye .You have cetainly nailed the Lines on these shots and your eyes are taken a trip around the photos as the lines guide you through the images

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    Can you look at labelling your work more as you havent got enough blogs labelled considering the amount of work and photography that you have done.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete